Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lincoln Juggling the Top 15 Albums of 2010 (The November Guess)

 Because I got tired of always putting the High Violet cover art on these posts: Choo choo. All aboard the meat train.

I decided rather than try to rank these albums once again by which ones I thought were the best, I decided to rank them by how much I’ve played them over time. Or how much I continue to play them and put them on playlists. It caused things to change a bit.


1. The National – High Violet

2. Bad Books – Bad Books

3. Damien Jurado – Saint Bartlett

4. Menomena – Mines

5. Phosphorescent – Here's to Taking it Easy

6. Azure Ray – Drawing Down the Moon

7. Bobby Bare Jr. – A Storm – A Tree – My Mother’s Head

8. Freelance Whales – Weathervanes

9. Broken Bells – Broken Bells

10. Mimicking Birds – Mimicking Birds

11. Clem Snide – The Meat of Life

12. Eels – Tomorrow Morning

13. Cowboy Junkies – Renmin Park

14. Les Savy Fav – Root for Ruin

15. Autolux – Transit Transit


It’s an interesting question. What we intellectually consider the best and what we actually want to listen to.

And now, to be able to say I’ve posted something we can all agree is artistic today, here’s Lincoln juggling some meat. Is it an allegory for Contemporary American poetry?

Mark Ryden, The Ringmaster


Lincoln continues to watch out and care for us.

2 Comments:

At 11/21/2010 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The difference between "best" and "favorite" can be pretty large. I used to frame my top N lists each year as "best," but increasingly I felt that I could never listen to all the music that I'd need to in order to make that claim with any sense of objectivity. So for the past few years and going forward I am framing my lists simply as "favorite."

-Barry

 
At 11/22/2010 3:43 PM, Blogger MASchiavo said...

Girl Talk - ALL DAY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home