Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wave Poetry Bus - The Omaha Stop Sept. 12


I went to the Wave Poetry Bus stop in Omaha yesterday. Little did I know 60 or so kids from a local elementary school were going to be showing up as well.

It made for a very different sort of reading. Quite good. It was wonderful to see the poets interact with the kids. They did a great job. And the kids were as attentive as I've ever seen elementary school kids.

The reading began with what seemed the customary shot of the crowd . . .

Pictured: Travis Nichols, MC of the event. (As reported by Mathias Svalina.)

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger marybid said...

I think I have a nightmare where I'm doing a reading and 60 little kids show up...

Just kidding. Thanks for the reportage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home