Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New Son Volt / New-old Neil Young

OK, so if you've ever liked anything Son Volt has ever done, you'll like this one. And while you're at it, you'll want to get the thing off of itunes (and you'll get eight extra tracks that are just as good as the rest).


*


And as long as I'm making unqualified endorsements this morning, if you liked After the Goldrush and Harvest, or just acousic Neil Young in general, you'll want to rush out and pick up Live at Massey Hall, 1971 as quickly as wheels get you there. Trust me.

3 Comments:

At 3/20/2007 1:31 PM, Blogger Joshua Robbins said...

Saw that you've linked to me. Thanks for doing so. Looks like I'll enjoy reading your posts.

Not a fan of Neil Young myself, but I've heard the Massey recording and it is worth buying for sure.

I'll also be sure to check out your forthcoming book and I'll try to get it into my store. Good luck with it.

 
At 3/20/2007 4:51 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Joshua,

Hey, nice to have you swing by. I stumbed across your blog awhile back, and have enjoyed it.

May your store have massive success!

 
At 3/25/2007 2:20 AM, Blogger Andrew Shields said...

A friend of mine gave me some Son Volt. Reminds me of Christian Kjellvander, whom you can check out here:

http://www.christiankjellvander.com/

A Swedish songwriter whose voice used to remind me of Leonard Cohen but now is a reference point for me for other singers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home