Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Books Ordered

So I received a bit of money for books, and sent off a large order to amazon.com. Some of them I was curious about, a couple I’ve lost and wanted to replace, and a couple are new and I’ve been hoping to get. Here's the list. I still have a hundred dollars or so, but I thougth I'd save that for AWP.

What fun it was to order a bunch of books of poetry, at least one I know I like quite a bit, and at least one I'm certain I'm going to dislike quite a bit . . .

North True South Bright
By: Dan Beachy-Quick

Mulberry
By: Dan Beachy-Quick

Upon Arrival
By: Paula Cisewski

Fragment of the Head of a Queen: Poems
By: Cate Marvin

The Pictures
By: Max Winter

Necessary Stranger
By: Graham W. Foust

Sky Lounge
By: Mark Bibbins

Vertigo: Poems (National Poetry Series Books)
By: Martha Ronk

American Spikenard (Iowa Poetry Prize)
By: Sarah Vap

Spell (New Series #5) (New Series (Ahsahta Press), No. 5.)
By: Dan Beachy-Quick

At the Drive-In Volcano
By: Aimee Nezhukumatathil

The Book of Funnels (Kate Tufts Discovery Award)
By: Christian Hawkey

Legitimate Dangers: American Poets of the New Century
By: Michael Dumanis (Editor), Cate Marvin

Dummy Fire
By: Sarah Vap

Whirligig
By: Christopher Salerno

Anabranch (Wesleyan Poetry)
By: Andrew Zawacki

Citizen of
By: Christian Hawkey

Disclamor (American Poets Continuum Series,)
By: G. C. Waldrep

4 Comments:

At 9/12/2007 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that sounds great. I'm talking about "I received a bit of money" . . .

 
At 9/12/2007 3:16 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

I hope you report back when you've read them. Some I've read (I liked the Book of Funnels), some I'm very curious about (Sarah Vap esp.).

 
At 9/12/2007 7:38 PM, Blogger Talia Reed said...

I'm with the Vagrant. What fun! Of your list, At the Drive-In Volcano is currently in my Amazon shopping cart.

 
At 9/13/2007 9:56 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

It's wonderful thing, to receive a bit of money, and to have the stipulation that it must be on books. Otherwise, of course, I'd buy groceries.

Leslie, I'm reading Vap's Dummy Fire right now.

Talia, At the Drive-in Volcano . . . I got it on a lark. I'm not sure what I'm going to think of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home