Monday, October 22, 2007

Took a Trip to Colorado 5



And then it was a drive for home for Kevin Prufer and John Gallaher. It was great to meet so many people. A little bit of a blur though. Oh well. Thanks to all, especially Matthew Cooperman and Jake Adam York, and Kevin, who did the driving. Even in the snow and through the tornado alert.


Ft. Collins had amazing light across the little houses. I want desperately to have this shot as a book cover. The crisp edges. The little planned yards, canted.


And then it snowed most of the way through Colorado.


And Bhanu Kapil made for a grand total of something like 18 poets (counting hosts, that is, and Dan Beachy-Quick and Sasha Steensen).

4 Comments:

At 10/22/2007 9:20 PM, Blogger Andrew Shields said...

So how loud was "Chrome Dreams II" turned up in that car?

 
At 10/23/2007 7:30 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Andrew,

Alas, it's a sad, sorry tale. Kevin had only an ipod port, and so my Creative Media Player was worthless. All those ones and zeros in my suitcase, unable to make their sweet sounds . . .

Today's the day here in the States, by the way, for the official release!

 
At 10/23/2007 9:08 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

John,
Thanks for the pix of all the people. It is funny to see people whose names I know, whose work I know, whose faces I've never seen.

 
At 10/23/2007 11:55 AM, Blogger Andrew Shields said...

Oh, I thought it was released last week, hence my assumption that you had the CD already.

I tried to buy it today, but my sweet local CD store will be getting it later in the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home