Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lemon & Sparkles

Bookshelf:

Alex Lemon, Hallelujah Blackout


In This Best of All Possible Worlds


I tried going a whole week without lying

I became both Boy Scout and Brownie

Campfire stories were told of my days as a cowboy

In X-rated movies. We ate so many cookies so soon

Sadness spread without a hunting permit

The sky opened into a secret evil

All mine, that hope-hat and fear-jelly

They couldn’t understand my private language

How the nearer you get the more

The bagpipes become. And then the rain of teeth

And just to be loved we had to be little

Of what we wanted, and so damn dismally new

With our black lipstick and cherry bombs



Soundtrack:

Sparklehorse, Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain

2 Comments:

At 5/14/2008 2:23 PM, Blogger Busstogate said...

Yay for Mark Linkous!

 
At 5/14/2008 2:37 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

It's a lovely album. I think I'll still like Spider and Wonderful Life more, but that doesn't take away from its strength (it's more about how amazing those other two were)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home