Thursday, April 02, 2009

Neil Young, "Get Around"

UPDATE (Friday): Well it looks like MOG has a little problem with people using the embed code they provided. Apparently, MOG has exclusivity. Go there if you want to see the video. Oh well.



Another new Neil Young song. This one’s called “Get Around,” and isn’t included on the track listing of his new album . . . so who knows where it’s actually going to show up. Maybe Archives Vol 4, due in July of 2030, or somesuch.

And this video is even pro shot! (And looking at the shirt and tie, it seems to be the flip side of "Cough Up the Bucks."

When he debuted these new songs on his recent tour, this is one of the ones I was most hopeful would make it on the album. I’ll be seriously bummed if it turns out to be an itunes exclusive or something.


BOOKSHELF:

This week’s little haul –

FAQ, by Ben Doller (author of Radio, Radio, but now with a new, merged name). Ahsahta Press, 2009. I’ve gotten a little way into it and I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

Sight Map, Brian Teare. California, 2009. (Came in Monday, and next up!)

Tryst, by Angie Estes. Oberlin College Press, 2009. (Just came in yesterday!)

Star in the Eye, by James Shea. Fence Books, 2008. (Just came in yesterday!)

4 Comments:

At 4/02/2009 6:19 AM, Blogger Oliver de la Paz said...

Where are you getting these Neil Young videos?!

Also, quite a haul on the books. Makes me want to spread some coins around too.

 
At 4/02/2009 6:37 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Well, if I revealed my sources, then where would I be?

If you want another video, probably the best song of the bunch, go to the amazon.com page for the Album.

Let’s see, also, Neil Young is streaming the album on his My Space page:

http://www.myspace.com/neilyoung

 
At 4/03/2009 10:41 PM, Anonymous Print Banners said...

2030? That soon huh... They could not have moved it any later than a decade further for people to enjoy Neil Young's compilation. Thanks for update, my dad would flip to read your posts. If only he took the time to learn how to use computers.

 
At 4/04/2009 6:15 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Ha! Well, 2030 is just my rather silly guess. But since I've been waiting since 1988 for Vol I, it seems reasonable. I think the record company is saying that the next volume sould come out within a couple years.

I'm not, as they say, holding my breath.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home