Monday, March 08, 2010

Peter Davis - Double Room - Poetry! Poetry! Poetry!


http://doubleroomjournal.com/8/Davis.html

Peter Davis!

I missed these until just today. These poems are wonderfully fun. I kept thinking, OK, this is great, but it can’t continue, right, and then it continued.

Twelve poems from POETRY! POETRY! POETRY!

Here’s a taste:


POEM ADDRESSING PEOPLE WHO ARE TIRED, HUNGRY, OR HORNY

These things can wait. This is a very good poem and you’d be myopic to lose sight of that simply because some of your baser needs are asserting themselves. I’ll keep this short, but you should exercise some control, okay? Stay with me here. Allow this poem to carry you beyond yourself, transcending your silly flesh, wedding you with all the beauty that is just piling up here.



*



POEM ADDRESSING THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT HAS FORCED YOU TO READ THIS POEM

I’m sorry you’re being forced to read this; on the other hand, I’m glad it’s come to this.



*



POEM ADDRESSING PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN EXPECTATIONS ABOUT POETRY THAT ARE NOT FULFILLED IN THIS POEM

Change.

4 Comments:

At 3/08/2010 5:28 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

That is utterly brilliant. I think I'll go have a look at his website.

 
At 3/10/2010 7:49 AM, Blogger Johannes said...

We have some in our new issue of Action,Yes as well (www.actionyes.org).

Johannes

 
At 3/10/2010 8:08 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Ask him to send me some!

 
At 3/10/2010 8:56 AM, Anonymous David-Glen Smith said...

Thanks for your entry—I needed it this week. Situations have me frustrated lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home