Saturday, October 23, 2010

Heads Up: The National




The National
Terrible Love (Alternate Version)

Around Thanksgiving The National are going to put out an expanded edition of High Violet, with a few new songs, a few live songs, and this alternate version of “Terrible Love.”

My favorite album of the year just got a little more favorite.

From what I gather, these will be the extra tracks:

‘Terrible Love (Alternate Version)’
‘Wake Up You Saints’
‘You Were A Kindness’
‘Walk Off’ ‘
‘Sin-Eaters’
‘Bloodbuzz Ohio (Live On KCMP)’
‘Anyone’s Ghost (Live At BAM)’
‘England (Live At BAM)’

I was hoping there was going to be an alternate version or live version of 'Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks' included, as I've heard a couple live recordings of this where there's some electric guitar at the end. It's a very good song, and adding a walk away solo just makes it that much more textured. Oh well. I wish these people would consut me first, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home