Sunday, August 28, 2011

St. Vincent / Björk / Feist

A few months ago it was starting to look as if this was the year only boys were putting out music I like. And then came Wye Oak and EMA, to push the needle from a complete boy year. And now I’ve these three albums to look forward to, from some old faves:


Cruel
St. Vincent

Ha! Annie Clark's take on a particular form of acquiescent evaporation (the logical outcome of her earlier song "Marry Me" it would seem.). This is the second song I’ve heard from her upcoming album (the other being “Surgeon”), titled Strange Mercy. I’m looking forward to it.


Crystalline
Björk

I’ve heard four songs so far (Cosmogony, Moon, Virus, and Crystalline), and of them “Crystalline” I like the best. So I’m not really sure if I’m going to be crazy about the album or not. I’ll find out soon enough. But it’s certainly going to be interesting.


Let It Die (Live in Paris)
Feist

OK, yes, this is a video of an old song. But it shows how good she is live, so that’s something. I’ve heard one song off the new album so far, “How Come You Never Go There.” It’s good, solid. The album will be called Metals. Maybe this time around I’ll finally get to see her live. She’ll be touring with Mountain Man, I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home