Thursday, May 31, 2012

Heather Christle - What Is Amazing



Heather Christle

The Small Husband


If you want to talk to your husband
and your husband is very small
you lie down on the floor
and the floor is cold
but you warm it
and you look at the wall
where it meets the floor
You are five to eight inches
from the wall
and there are no other noises
Traffic everywhere has stopped
for the holiday
but the parade does not come by
for another couple of hours
and you are neither hungry
nor too full
and your body is a long silk bag
full of lightweight batteries
arranged on the floor
so it touches the floor
in the maximum number of places
and math has real-world value
it turns out
which is not all that surprising
and there are weekends and desires
gestating in your throat
pink and hairless
like mammals
and you close your eyes
and say things to your husband
but he is small
no make him even smaller



4 Comments:

At 5/31/2012 9:37 AM, Blogger Vanguard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5/31/2012 9:48 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

You deleted your post! But yes, I did find my copy of What Is Amazing. It was in my son's room. I found it when I was organizing his books.

 
At 5/31/2012 9:49 AM, Blogger Fuzz Against Junk said...

I did because I posted under a different account I didn't know I was logged into. Different accounts for different things.

Maybe he was reading it?

 
At 5/31/2012 11:28 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Maybe it was the sparkly cover?

I like the idea that it was sandwiched between some Berenstain Bears books and a complete character guide for The Avengers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home