Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Wave Poetry Bus Omaha Stop - Readers One























Here are pictures of four of the poets who read at the Omaha stop of the Wave Books Poetry Bus Tour. I was working through a headache, so I wasn't able to catch the names of the ones I didn't already know, but I do know the guy with the bright blue shirt is Joshua Marie Wilkinson, and the woman holding up the red book is Erin Belieu.

It was a very good, brief (three poems each) reading. But more on that later.

----------

Addendum. I've been informed that the guy with his hands up to either side of the mic is none other than Lincoln, NE poet Mathias Svalina. Go here to read his recap of the Lincoln reading from the night before.

2 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger Mathias Svalina said...

I'm prety sure the woman's name is Sarah McKinstry-Brown, Travis Nichols was the MC, yes that is Matt Mason & I'm the kinda scary looking guy in the western shirt.

 
At 9/13/2006 11:49 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Ah, I wouldn't say "scary." Perhaps "incantatory," or otherwise Biblical . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home