Saturday, October 07, 2006

Perfect Abums 1

Perfect Albums . . . well, I like making lists of things, so thinking "prefect albums" gives me an opportunity to look over my collection and pick out what I think are the most timeless of my favorite albums. A much longer list, by a more diverse group, would be a list of prefect songs. Another list would be jazz albums . . .

I'm realizing as I'm putting this together, how predictable most of the choices are. So be it then.

Anyway, here's where my head's at this morning:

Bob Dylan – Hightway 61 Revisited
Neil Young – After the Goldrush
Radiohead – OK Computer
The Flaming Lips – The Soft Bulletin
The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Aimee Mann – Bachelor No. 2
Richard and Linda Thompson – I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
Bob Dylan – Blood on the Tracks
Son Volt – Trace
Neil Young – Harvest
Wilco – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Cocteau Twins - Four Calendar Cafe
Pink Floyd – The Wall
The Beatles – Revolver
The Beatles – Abbey Road
Lou Reed - Transformer
Cracker – Kerosene Hat
David Gray – White Ladder
Gillian Welch – Soul Journey
Neil Young - Rust Never Sleeps
The Jayhawks – Rainy Day Music
Leonard Cohen – I’m Your Man
Lucinda Williams – Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
M. Ward – Transfiguration of Vincent
R.E.M. – Automatic for the People
The Beatles – Let It Be
Suzanne Vega – Suzanne Vega
Talking Heads – Remain in Light
The Thrills – So Much for the City
The Waterboys – Fisherman’s Blues
Tom Waits – Heartattack and Vine
The Rolling Stones – Let It Bleed
Tom Waits – Mule Variations
Various – Por Vida: A Tribute to the Songs of Alejandro Escovedo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home