Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What Were Your Favorite Books of Poetry in 2006?

Some 2006 poetry lists:

From Jordan Davis at Equanimity

From Joel Brouwer at NBCC

I like year-end lists. One of the things I find is that I've completely missed many, many books. I missed the John Yau. I've never even seen a copy. I had no idea Gerald Stern had a new book in 2006. Paul Muldoon, whose work I've enjoyed in the past, had a new book out that I completely missed. I know if I'd've seen it, I would have liked it very much. Etc. And many others on these two lists I've never heard of . . .

So, two lists then: A list of books one has read and enjoyed, and then a list of things one never saw . . . which is somewhat of a difficult list to write, consisting, as it does, to quote Rumsfeld (the only time I'll ever do that): "There are known unknowns, and unknown unknowns."

Alas.

2 Comments:

At 12/20/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I spent most of my '06 reading through books that were not published this year.

But -- I did get the chance to read one and it has now become one of my favorites.

Lesle Lewis' Landscapes I and II was a phenomenal book. I highly recommend it. I am not usually a fan of prose poetry, but this book changed my mind a little bit... helped me see prose poetry in a different light.

 
At 12/20/2006 2:58 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

I liked Small Boat, but somehow missed this one.

The list keeps growing. Pretty soon I'll have to build an addition on the house. Or make the kids sleep in their closets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home