2007 Midwest Chapbook Series Award
The Laurel Review / GreenTower Press
The 2007 Midwest Chapbook Series Award
Final Judge: Ray Gonzalez
The contest is open to anyone who is living in, from, or closely associated with the Midwest, excluding close friends and former students of the editors, as well as employees and students of Northwest Missouri State University.
· 20-30 pages (typed, single-sided, one poem per page).
· Individual poems may have been previously published. You may include an acknowledgements page if you wish, though one is not required.
· Include two cover pages: one with title only, the other with name, address, email address, manuscript title, and a short note establishing your connection to the Midwest.
· Your name should ONLY appear on the cover page, which the staff will keep on file. Manuscripts will be read blind.
· Reading period opens March 1 and ends May 15, 2007. Late entries will be returned unread.
· $10.00 reading fee. Please make checks payable to GreenTower Press. Reading fee gets you a one year subscription to The Laurel Review, starting with the summer 2007 issue.
· Entries will be judged by the editors of The Laurel Review along with the outside judge.
· The winning chapbook will be published in an edition of 300 copies. Winner will receive one hundred copies. Additional copies offered at 40% off the list price.
· Winner also will also be invited to give a reading as part of Northwest Missouri State University’s Visiting Writers series, which includes an honorarium of $500.00.
· All entries will be considered for publication in The Laurel Review.
· Winner will be notified by email or telephone, and will be announced on our website (http://catpages.nwmissouri.edu/m/tlr/) in July, 2007.
· If you’d like an acknowledgement of receipt send a SASP; please do not send a SASE.
The 2006 Midwest Chapbook Series Award winner, chosen by Reginald Shepherd
Instructions for a Painting, by Molly Brodak
Coming in April 2007
Runners-up were Erin Malone’s, What Sound Does It Make, Chad Parmenter’s, Weston’s Unsent Letters to Modotti, and Gretchen E. Henderson’s, Wreckage: By Land & By Sea
Please send your entry to:
GreenTower Press / Midwest Chapbook Series Award
Department of English
Northwest Missouri State University
Maryville, MO 64468
Questions may be addressed to the editors of The Laurel Review at: TLR@mail.nwmissouri.edu