Thursday, April 26, 2007

May Not Have, But Must

Matthew Thorburn tagged me to add to this:

"Here are five poetry collections you may not have read but certainly must. (Note: The collections, for whatever reason, should be a bit off the beaten path. And need not have caused the earth to open and swallow you whole.)"

Thus tagged, here are five quite recent books that really should be mentioned much more often than I hear them mentioned, in no particular order:

Martha Ronk, Eyetrouble
Joel Brouwer, Centuries
Suzanne Wise, The Kingdom of the Subjunctive
Zachary Schomburg, The Man Suit
Scott Minar, The Palace of Reasons

Trust me. (And in all honesty, they actually did cause quite a stir in the earth beneath me.)

I'd be interested to know what Mary Biddinger - the word cage , C. Dale Young - Avoiding the Muse , and David Dodd Lee - Seventeenfingeredpoetrybird would add to this list . . .

3 Comments:

At 4/26/2007 9:53 PM, Blogger Steven D. Schroeder said...

Centuries is awesome. And The Man Suit is at the tip-top of my wish list. The others I shall have to learn about.

 
At 4/30/2007 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eyetrouble is so sad, i adore that book

 
At 5/09/2007 8:13 AM, Blogger David Dodd Lee said...

I got this tag twice, but the first
time I was under the impression
you were supposed to list books you
haven't read (but maybe should have). That's what I did. You know how much I like Eyetrouble btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home