Thursday, November 01, 2007

Back to Ohio 3



My favorite photograph from the trip! Angie Estes and Kathy Fagan on the way back from the best restaurant in Columbus: Northstar. Can I get a witness?


And the next day I met Michelle Herman.



And then it was back to Missouri, where we hosted Molly Brodak, author of the chapbook "Instructions for a Painting" which we've just published. Wonderful reading. You should have her come visit. Trust me and continue trusting me. I won't steer you wrong.

If you would like a copy of the chapbook, email me, or TLR@nwmissouri.edu. It'll cost you $6.00 as a special blog offer, and we'll cover shipping.

It was a long week. Now I'm home and tired. But happy. I met something like 25 or so writers in the space of two weeks.

3 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 2:45 PM, Blogger betsy said...

i'll be a witness to that! i'm so jealous you got to eat there. Northstar ROCKS. i miss it so much -- their veggie burgers are the best. and the toffee almond scones. and their super strong coffee. and their pancakes. and the carrot juice. and and... (i used to live down the street from Northstar, can you tell?) i miss kath and angie too. looking forward to my cols visit in feb with ms lori shine. glad to see you had fun!

 
At 11/02/2007 7:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I work with Molly. I just met her and I haven't had the opportunity to get to know her work. I didn't realize that she had a chapbook -- I will have to order it now.

 
At 11/03/2007 5:04 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Betsy:

I had the veggie burger. The most amazing, solid, hearty (meat-like, even) veggie burger of my life. We got there just before the rush. The line was long by the time we left.

Stephanie:

Is Molly not telling everyone? Well then, I'll have to do it! It's quite wonderful. And she read from it brilliantly. Seriously, the only complaint from the audience is that she could have gone on longer.

How often do you hear that after a poetry reading?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home