Friday, February 08, 2008

AWP 08 2

The Laurel Review co-editor Rebecca Aronson and contributing editor Reginald Shepherd

Mary Jo Bang!

Erin Belieu and [someone please remind me of his name!]


Dan Chaon
Maxine Chernoff and Paul Hoover


I wish that I had one of those cameras that you wear around your neck that takes a picture every three seconds. As it is, I have to remember to take pictures, which I’m not good at. Actually, I’m not good at remembering things in general, which I’ve now decided is a gift.

2 Comments:

At 2/08/2008 10:07 AM, Blogger Reginald Shepherd said...

Hey handsome John,

God, what a terrible picture that is of me. Oh well. Rebecca looks good.

By the way, Erin's veryfine like juice young boy toy is named Adam. I met him when I read with Erin in Tampa in October.

If you'll check out my post "Who You Callin' 'Post-Avant'?" on the Harriet blog over at the Poetry Foundation (http://www.poetryfoundation.org/harriet), you'll see that I list you as a post-avant poet. So now you're stuck with the label. I was impressed with how people got riled up (to the point of insult and personal attack) about what I thought was an innocuous piece describing a phenomenon much mentioned but not much defined.

Take care, my friend. It was nice to see and touch (Platonically, of course) your sexy self at AWP.

kisses,

Reginald

 
At 2/08/2008 12:54 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

I like this picture of you! I also have another one, a profile close-up, thatI'll post tomorrow. I hope you don't hate it.

Post-avant. I love it, myself. Post- is such an open field.

I'm on my way ove to it now. I just sharpened my knife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home