Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Map of the Folded World is Live! - Amy Casey Content

The University of Akron Press page for Map of the Folded World has just gone live! You can check out the first 19 pages, the cover text, and order direct from the publisher...





I just wanted to post once again the fine painting by Amy Casey, “An Abundance of Caution,” that is on the cover of the now available (just about) Map of the Folded World (if you prefer the amazon.com ordering location). Another of her fine paintings, “rigging,” is on the wall of my living room. I got it for $125.00. Quite a bargain!

There’s a nice piece on her work with plenty of large images here, including "rigging":

http://yatzer.com/1549_amy_casey_and_her_falling_cities

4 Comments:

At 3/11/2009 1:12 PM, Blogger ljs said...

Congrats, John! I'm enjoying my live, signed, offline copy a lot!

Word verification is later so,

Later,

Lytton

 
At 3/11/2009 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I knew I would like the book as soon as I read the epigram from D. Rumsfeld. Then I read your work, and it turned out I was right. I'll be purchasing a copy.

Jason Crane
http://jasoncrane.org
http://thejazzsession.com

 
At 3/11/2009 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait. I just bought one.

Jason Crane

 
At 3/11/2009 6:39 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Jason,

That's very nice of you. If you send your address to TLR@nwmissouri.edu, I'll send you something, as you were the first to order the book.

!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home