Sunday, March 14, 2010

92 nd St Y (Part Two) [Some photos of the event from Lawrence Schwartzwald]

I got to see some people at the reading (and a bit before), but didn't get any pictures. Kate Greenstreet was there, and Mark Bibbins, and Matthew Thorburn . . . next time, then, I'll get pictures (otherwise I'll have to trust to memory, and, well, we all know how that can be). The pictures below were taken by Lawrence Schwartzwald, who works for the New York Post.

[c 2010 Lawrence Schwartzwald]

L-R (or R-L!) John Gallaher, Robert Elstein, Marcella Durand (and John Ashbery in the far background)
[c 2010 Lawrence Schwartzwald]

John Ashbery signing the same book many times.
[c 2010 Lawrence Schwartzwald]

Proof! (Even if I look a little lumpy. I blame it on the shirt.)
We didn't have much time for talking. There was about 20 minutes before the reading where the four of us chatted in the green room, while a photograph was taken and we all signed the reader log.
Ashbery was very nice, though he was being rushed around. And I got to meet his partner, David Kermani, who I instantly liked a lot.


Robin took this one. Thank you, Robin!

[c 2010Lawrence Schwartzwald]

I make this face a lot. I'm not sure why. Maybe I should stop, but it's so hard to tell while making it. You know?

We got to feel special for a while. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The three of us were all rather overcome by it all.

I would very much like to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home