Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two Swedish Trios I Like (for the middle of winter)

Don’t let the Gallaher fool you, I’ve a Swedish bloodline (I was born Martin Enquist). So it’s good to reconnect with my people every now and then. The middle of winter seems an apt time. NPR reminded me today how much I like Esbjörn Svensson, and, well, the Junip was a late find last year (I got a copy in December), but I’ve liked José González’s other work, solo and with Zero 7 over the years. (Junip, by the way, is my favorite José González project. It would’ve made my top 10 for the year if I’d’ve veen aware of it in time.)

Here you go:



E.S.T.
(Esbjörn Svensson Trio)
Yes, but is that Jake Adam York playing bass?



Junip
Rope & Summit

1 Comments:

At 1/23/2011 3:40 PM, Blogger Carol Berg said...

By the way, there's a "Feature Swedish Section" in the 2010 Poetry International...you might wanna check that out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home