Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The 2012 Songs from Books of Poetry

So in 2012, as part of my year trying to not write poetry, I tried making songs out of books of poetry. It's all still one thing, I guess.

So anyway, I ended up with six.


"Come On All You Ghosts," derived from Matthew Zapruder's book, Come On All You Ghosts

"Next Life," derived from Rae Armantrout's book, Next Life

"A Joke I Keep Telling Myself" derived from Johannes Goransson's A New Quarantine Will Take My Place

"What's Amazing" derived from Heather Christle's book, What Is Amazing

"Your Father's On the Train of Ghosts" derived from the book Your Father on the Train of Ghosts by G.C. Waldrep and John Gallaher

"No One Told Me I Was Going To Disappear" was made made for the Jaded Ibis Press publication of the collaborative book No One Told Me I Was Going to Disappear.

3 Comments:

At 1/02/2013 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you try not to write poetry for a year?

 
At 1/02/2013 6:28 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

It seemed like a good idea at the time. It was March or April or something, and people were talking about writing a poem-a-day and all, and I thought it would be fun to NOT write a poem a day. Then I thought, well, why not a whole year?

I'd've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their dog.

 
At 1/06/2013 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

GED or General Educational Development learning has become one of the best options among a lot of students who are looking for faster yet equally competitive ways to get into college or apply for a prestigious job. This is why a lot of people are thinking of getting printable GED practice test that can help train them to pass in the actual examination. Here are some reasons why getting one is important.

ged practice test print out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home