Friday, April 11, 2008

The Renos - The Notorious Reno Brothers


http://renos.rusties.net/

OK, so anyway (here you go, Paige!), I used to be in this band, see, and well we wrote and recorded some songs and then I wrote and recorded a few more demos and we didn’t do anything with it, so above is a link to the story of The Renos with a link to downloadable mp3s of some of what we came up with. Feel free to download and distribute.

If there’s demand, we can always get back together. If you want to cut to the chase, the direct links to the songs are below:

http://renos.rusties.net/tracks.html

The Renos CD:

Track 1:
Coming Apart (4.3 MB)
Track 2:
Nothing Ever Happens Here (3.7 MB)
Track 3:
Postcard Town (4.9 MB)
Track 4:
Motion Pictures (5.7 MB)
Track 5:
Floating Saturday (4.7 MB)
Track 6:
Echolocation (7.4 MB)
Track 7:
Down (4.3 MB)
Track 8:
No Talking (0.7 MB)
Track 9:
The Weather In Space (4.7 MB)
Track 10:
Whirling Away (4.7 MB)
Track 11:
The Future is Chrome (live) (5.7 MB)
Bonus tracks:

Track 12:
Painless demo (3.2 MB)
Track 13:
From A City That's Turning demo (4.8 MB)
Track 14:
See How They Run demo (5.4 MB)
Track 15:
Directionless demo (5.3 MB)
Track 16:
After The Gold Rush (3.6 MB)

5 Comments:

At 4/11/2008 1:24 PM, Blogger Steven D. Schroeder said...

Is that you singing on those tracks? I always find it strange to hear someone sing when I knew their speaking voice first. My brother's vocals are still a little strange to me, and I've had years to get used to them.

 
At 4/11/2008 9:36 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

I've had years to get used to my own, and it's still a bit odd. But yes, that's me. Except on the couple songs that aren't me. Those are Brian Bonhomme.

!

 
At 4/12/2008 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEET!

Goes well with Priorat and popcorn.

Thanks for this.

p.

 
At 4/12/2008 5:19 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

I'll bring the salt and butter and meet you there.

 
At 4/17/2008 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I am seriously excited to find this post. When you played a few tracks (or parts of them) in class a while back, I was, admittedly, kind of digging on the sound. I may or may not have been at the myspace earlier today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home