Thursday, June 14, 2012

Some good albums from 2012

This isn’t a big year for music, but it’s a decent year. Here are some of the albums I’m listening to:

Father John Misty – Fear Fun

Beach House – Bloom

Elephant Micah – Louder Than Thou

Spiritualized – Sweet Heart Sweet Light

Hospitality – Hospitality

Moonface – With Siinai – Heartbreaking Bravery

Simone White – Silver Silver


Here’s a song I like a lot, Father John Misty’s “Now I’m Learning to Love the War.” An audience shot live version:



And the studio version that someone made a video for as a studio project:


3 Comments:

At 6/20/2012 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, John, I agree this year hasn't had much to change lives, but here are some other really good ones that would fit on your list:

The Walkmen - Heaven

Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls

Hot Chip - In Our Heads

First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar

Black Keys - El Camino

 
At 7/09/2012 12:00 AM, Blogger MASchiavo said...

Am digging the Father John Misty as well. Check out the new one from Lambchop, Howlin' Rain, & The Flaming Lips.

 
At 7/09/2012 8:31 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Mr. M is good. Really good in spots, but I also dumped a few tracks off it. I'm a Lambchop fan, though. I'm glad to see they're (he's) still kicking around.

The Flaming Lips. I've been a huge fan over the years, but I just can't get into the collaborations. It's just too silly, mostly. I like the one with Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, though. And the ones with Neon Indian (but they were left off the album? Or were they? I got them as a single thing.)

I've been getting into the new Glen Hansard. Kind of Cat Stevens meets Van Morrison. I think it reminds me of the 70s or something, in a good way. I liked pop from back then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home