Friday, May 11, 2007

I've been on the road




I just got back from a little series of readings in Oberlin (with Kevin Prufer and Wayne Miller) and NYC (with C. Dale Young, Kimiko Hahn, Lynn Emanuel, and Linda Gregerson).


Anyway, what does one say after such a thing? C. Dale and Jacob are wonderful, friendly people . . . but then again, everyone I met seemed a wonderful, friendly person. Am I going soft?


Anyway, the above pictures are from Oberlin.
Picture one: Pamela Alexander, Kevin Prufer, Martha Collins.
Picture two: David Young, Martha Collins.
Picture three: John Gallaher, Wayne Miller

And what to say of the reading? Wonderfully hosted by David Young in a little museum off the town square. A nice audience. And Martha Collins. What more could three boys from Missouri want? Well, alcohol, for one, so David brought some.

Oberlin has to be the prettiest town in Ohio. And I should know, I used to live in Athens, which is also pretty.

Just to add this: Kevin and Wayne are great readers. If you live in the Ohio area, be aware, the three of us will br driving through in August.

2 Comments:

At 5/12/2007 5:16 AM, Blogger Talia Reed said...

I enjoyed your poem this morning on Verse Daily

 
At 5/12/2007 5:22 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

What a surprise! Thank you for the head's up . . . !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home