Sunday, May 13, 2007

Reading Between A & B







Picture one: The outside of the 11th Street Bar located between Avenues A & B.

Picture two: John Gallaher -- I spent my days on little walking tours as the place I was staying turned me out every morning at 7:00. By the time od this reading I was sporting a bit of a sunburn. And very red eyes. You can see just a bit of Mary Austin Speaker in this shot. She was co-host of the event (along with Kaveh Bassiri), and introduced my reading.

Picture three: C. Dale Young -- Now that I've read with him these three times, it's going to feel odd when I read without him. Would anyone like to host us both? Keep the drive alive? (How, by the way, does one spell "Shazaam"? Is that correct?)

Picture three: Linda Gregerson -- I hadn't met her before. She has a very good reading delivery. And she was very nice to talk to after the reading.

Picture four: There's my book and reading notes!

What a great series this is. Go to their website to read more, including poems from most of their readers (which includes some from Mary Austin Speaker as well -- as she's redaing there this week!)

http://www.readab.com/

4 Comments:

At 5/13/2007 1:39 PM, Blogger Talia Reed said...

I so wish we had places like that here where I live.

 
At 5/13/2007 3:32 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Yeah, me too. What do you say we move to the lower east side?

 
At 5/14/2007 11:06 AM, Blogger Matthew Thorburn said...

Sounds -- and looks -- like you had a fun trip. Pretty cool to get to read with The Flash!

 
At 5/14/2007 12:23 PM, Blogger marybid said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had some fantastic readings, John.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home