Monday, July 14, 2008

Claim to Fame?

So it looks like there’s the outside possibility that this picture I took last fall of Mark Halliday will become famous:




It can now be found this way, from Silliman’s blog:

Sameness vs. Otherness in American poetry

Robert Archambeau has also been reading Pleiades, it seems, and folds the same paragraph I mentioned [below: Amy Casey - Mark Halliday - Joshua Clover - Pleiad... ] into a little essay on the perennial us-ness and them-ness, concluding thusly:

“So sure, okay, poetry is divided into camps. And poetry changes over time. But in all our emphasis on different teams, and micro-evolutions of styles, maybe we should take a break and check out how samenesses exist, and continuities endure. And maybe I should head outside and knock back a cold one. All formtreib and no stofftrieb makes Archambeau a dull guy. And thirsty, too.”

And, if you didn’t find it already, over onthe pshares blog they’re (we’re) also chitting and chatting:

This time, with (real) feeling

For me, personally, I don’t have much to add to the conversation. All I know about teams and camps is that I was always one of the last ones chosen, back in school. Mostly because I lose interest way too quickly in things like teams and camps and school.

2 Comments:

At 7/15/2008 6:54 AM, Blogger Archambeau said...

It's a great photo -- it's all about the shirt. And the cocktail. And the attitude. But mostly the shirt.

 
At 7/15/2008 7:54 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

Yes! As the stripes keep drawing your attention to the tie, which takes the eye downward - but brought back up again by the drink only to land right back on the shirt.

I think he was wearing green sneakers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home