Thursday, June 28, 2007

Call Me Marty


Tagged by Sam: “reveal Eight Things about yourself.”


I’m not much for revealing things about myself. Personal masking, for whatever reason, is important to me.

So, that said, or revealed, here goes:

1.I’m adopted. When I was born my name was Martin Lynn Enquist.

2.I have a deep antipathy toward movies. Too many people see them. There’s too much money involved. It makes me feel dirty, and not in a good way.

3.For some reason I have a hard time explaining to myself, I’m proud I was never an English major as an undergrad. My degree is in Broadcast Journalism.

4.I started college when I was 21, after an ill-fated marriage at 19.

5.My current obsession is with Wolfgang Puck tomato pesto frozen pizzas. I like to add calamata olives.

6.I used to like to stay up very late. Now I like to wake up very early. The morning world is beautiful.

7.Whatever happens to me, I always have the secondary thought that I might be able to steal a sentence from it for a poem. It makes me feel like a vampire, but I’m ok with that.

8. My favorite High School story: In the gym locker room, a guy had my arm behind my back and my face into the locker. He said, “Tell them you’re an ass hole.” “OK,” I said, “you’re an ass hole.” It was delicious.

8a. Bonus round. In the above picture, I'm the one in the middle, in High School, as George Gibbs. Now why would someone want to mess with him, and get that hair all messed up?


I'm supposed to tag some others now. I'll go do some research and get back to you.

6 Comments:

At 6/28/2007 7:14 AM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

Good list, John. You make a great point in #2. Interesting thought. Also, like the notion of #7.

 
At 6/28/2007 7:24 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

I enjoyed doing it. Maybe I'll start making a habit of revealing things!

 
At 6/28/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I get afraid, at crowded movies, of so many people pointing their minds at the same spot. It feels both dangerous and easy.

This is why I never watch the superbowl--all those millions doing the same thing. yikes.

 
At 6/28/2007 12:00 PM, Blogger Andrew Shields said...

I was wondering about those long teeth of yours.

 
At 6/28/2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Talia Reed said...

I love the hair! That seems to be the hairstyle for boys, again.

 
At 6/28/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

So, since I'm supposed to tag some people with this, I'll go ahead and tag Leslie, Andrew, and Talia.

Happy disclosing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home