Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Front Porch 7


OK, so here I am, doing the old “hand-clasp-at-the-podium” trick. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have been there while John Gallaher is actually waving those hands all about? Well, as this picture was taken in Lincoln, NE, you’re out of luck, but, as luck would have it (and oh yes, luck, my friends, would have it), you’ve a second chance, no matter how far you live from the Midwest epicenter of all things:

Front Porch 7: When I Catch Her!

Is live!

http://www.frontporchjournal.com/

John Gallaher
Reading at the KAP House

And what’s especially interesting about this number of Front Porch? Well, this is the first time I’ve ever seen me read. What an odd thing, to see oneself read. What an odd, odd thing. I’m, as they say, embedded, here:

http://www.frontporchjournal.com/issue70_video_gallaher.asp

So what do I have to say about me? Hmm. I dare you to watch the whole thing. If you do, and can somehow convince me you have, I promise you great rewards. What rewards, you ask? Ah, I reply, that would be telling!

So anyway, if you find it enjoyable, or somewhat interesting, maybe you would like to have me come read where you are? And if you find it insufferable, well, remember, if you can’t say something nice, then don't say anything at all.

Harrumph.
And then it turns out I'm wrong anyway, and look, a little video snip exists of that reading in Lincoln, thanks to Mathias Svalina and Zachary Schomburg:

3 Comments:

At 6/13/2008 10:09 PM, Blogger Steven D. Schroeder said...

That's cool stuff. I really wish I had been in St. Louis when you read there in March 2007. Or still in Colorado when you read there in October 2007. Gah, we sort of crossed over in passing, or something to that effect. I'll just have to make more of an effort next time...

P.S. Please send work to Anti-.

 
At 6/14/2008 5:25 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

I could have given you an intimate personal reading in our hotel room that one night!

Gaa. That sounds even too creepy for me. Apologies. But you know I have a reputation to uphold.

Heh-heh.

I've enjoyed Anti- !

 
At 6/25/2008 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay so I started listening to the clip and sort of zoned out a bit mid way but the "remember me some other way, some way I never was" realllly caught me. Good stuff. And you've got a good reading voice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home